This week has been another busy one, so it was easy to think of five happy things.
1. I did a little tidying in the garden. I love the faded beauty of this hydrangea. In fact, I prefer it to when it’s bright pink and in full bloom. It’s more subtle.
2. Keith, my son’s beloved corn snake went missing in action for several hours. The relief when I found him slithering along my bedside table was almost overwhelming.
I’m aware that many others would be rather less happy than I was to have a serpent in such close proximity to one’s bed.
3. I transformed this cupboard…
The paint (pale twine), wallpaper, (Oakshaw), and the ceramic door knobs (Hannah), are all from Laura Ashley.
I love an upcycling project.
4. I met my friends Sarah and Lucia for lunch at The Cake’Ole in Skipton.
5. My daughter got a grade A in an ITQ exam (equivalent to GCSE standard) which she sat last term when she was only just 13. She worked very hard and is deservedly proud of herself. I am even prouder of her and know it will spur her on as she embarks on the rest of her GCSE courses.
Love Liz x